Wednesday, June 10, 2009

blogging = free speach!

This has been something that has been bothering me for awhile, and it's finally came to a head. People who choose to blog KNOW that what they write/post is on the WORLD WIDE WEB, they know what they are blogging about could possible be read by anyone. And that is something that a blogger has taken on. They write about things that interest them, happened to them, or feel like sharing with everyone else. And that's OK! But what really irks me is when people take it upon themselves to say things on people's blogs that they really do not have a right to say unless their opinions are asked of, or they have something positive to say. I love reading people's blogs. I have a list that I read regularly, and when I find one that I like I will often go though and read their whole blog FROM THE BEGINNING. I've been known to spend a lot of time (mostly at work!!) reading back to really get to these people, and I will comment and say positive/encouraging to them. Or sometimes just relate a similar story. I do not agree with people who go onto other people's blog and criticize them. If I come across a blog of someone is constantly talking about abortion and how war is the greatest thing, lets go kill everyone. I WILL LEAVE! I won't sit there and read that blog and look to see what their newest post will be. I don't like what they say, so I keep my mouth shut, and don't' return to that blog. But some people feel like need to do the opposite. I've been on blogs where people are just writing about their every day life, what they believe in, then have a large amount of people tell them that they are wrong and don't have a right to write that stuff. but I'm sorry, it's THEIR BLOG! They can write whatever they want to. I recently came across a blog of a pregnant mother who at 20 weeks found out her baby has Trisomy 18 which is fatal to the baby. Sometimes they die while still safely in womb, other times they die minutes/hours after birth. and very rarely they will live a few days. This poor mother and everything that she has gone through has had people constantly accuse her of being a fake. And when her baby was born 2 days ago she posted pictures of her baby while she was still alive and people would send her pictures of her baby with devil horns/tail. I came across this blog a few days ago and read every single post that was written since she started since March and there is no reason as to why she would be lying. It's just really sad. She recently took her blog down after some people were being really mean to her. It's uncalled for. I've got other birth moms who blog anonymously, who people have come out and called them fakes and spread rumours about over other blogs/fourms too because they do not announce to the world their real names and show pictures.

Sometimes when reading my regular blogs people will write things that I don't agree with. and that's ok!

I just don't get it.
Blog = free speech. If you don't like, don't read!

1 comment:

  1. I hear you and agree with all my heart. I do the same thing - i read a lot of blogs. Some I comment on, some I dont. Those that I dont usually involve something I just cant agree with or that bothers me because it is TOO much (there is a blog where every second word is GOD and Prayer and Jesus etc. - its just TOO much and those people have a right to say anything since its their blog. i just stop reading or just shut up!!)

    anyway...babbleing as usual....I am thinking I will take this post and copy the idea and write someting similar (IF you dont mind!!)

    :-)
    Mark

    ReplyDelete