I've been debating going cold turkey now for a few months now, but there are always excuses. We are going on vacation, too many big changes come up. I'll do it another day, really I will.
Well today, I finally did it. I put Terra to bed with no SOOTHER. Since Terra came with us we limited her soother only to bed and nap time. She never needed it any other time. And she really used that as a comfort item. As soon as you put the soother in she instantly closes her eyes and starts to rub her hair and puts herself to sleep. We have had no issues with bed time and sleep time and she has always been a good sleeper. Even if she found a soother laying around she would put it in her mouth and she would start to rub her hair. It was the cutest thing. But I've been looking up on how to wean a baby off of her soother and they all say cold turkey. So here we are, we laid her down, she started to pat her chest looking for her soother clip and then the screaming began. Oh boy, did she scream. I laid in bed listening and thinking about fellow blogger Karma whose baby is a few weeks younger then Terra who has been having problems sleeping lately. And her baby would scream and not go back to sleep. And here I have Terra doing the same thing, but yet I know what I could do to stop, but choose not too. I was wondering how long the screaming would last.
So how did it go? First night of no soother and she only cried for 15 minutes and she was asleep.
Question is: will she STAY asleep and sleep till her normal time (8-8:30) without waking up. We will see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

weirdly enough - i cant give you any advice as Tayleigh has always and still is (THANK GOD!) a great sleeper. Goes to bed at around 8pm and sleep until at least 6am.
ReplyDelete